Letter of Reprimand
Reason: Article 107- False Official Statement
Key Points to Writing
- Remember, there the purpose for the documentation.
- Ask for HELP if you need it, otherwise you can hurt yourself, your Airmen &/or unit.
- Use the right words, utilize a resource like Merriam-Webster Online.
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Related the Reason for the Discipline to UCMJ
- Do not forget the Privacy Act of 1974 information!
The following Letter of Reprimand example was taken from a Word document. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
If you have found this information useful, please let me know as each letter has taken a considerable amount of time to prepare.
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR MADE A MISTAKE, AMN,
FROM: 4 XXX/CC
SUBJECT: Letter of Reprimand
1. Investigations have disclosed that on or about <DATE>, you provided false
official statements of a relationship and the whereabouts of this individual to
the commander while providing information about your request for Recruiter
Assistance. This deception is unacceptable in the United States Air Force. You
have demonstrated your inability to meet minimum Air Force Core Values,
specifically “Integrity”. Your honesty and dependability is in doubt and
warrants full attention to correct this behavior.
2. You are hereby reprimanded. False Official Statements is a violation
of Article 107 of the MCM and punishable under the Uniform Code of Military
Justice. This action can not and will not be tolerated by the Commander, myself,
your work center, or the United States Air Force. I am concerned about your
honesty and integrity and have serious reservations of trusting you at this
time. Rest assure if this behavior continues harsher actions will be taken.
3. PRIVACY ACT. AUTHORITY 10 U. S. C. 8013. PURPOSE: To obtain any
comments or documents you desire to submit (on a voluntary basis) for
consideration concerning this action. ROUTINE USES: Provides you an
opportunity to submit documents for consideration. If provided, the comments and
documents you submit become part of this action. DISCLOSURE: Your written
acknowledgment of receipt and signature are mandatory. Any other comment or
document you provide is voluntary.
4. You will acknowledge receipt of this memorandum immediately. If you desire to
submit statements, you must make your submission within 3 duty days of your
endorsement. Any comments that you wish to submit will become part of this
action and will become part of the record. You will be notified of my final
decision within 3 duty days of your response.
LOTS O. PATIENCE, Lt
1st IND, 4 XXX/ XXX
TO: 4 XXX/CC
1. I acknowledge receipt and understanding on ___________. (NOTE: If
member refuses to
sign, have commander write, “Member received LOR dated ____ but refused to sign
acknowledgment on ________ (date).”)
2. I understand that I have until _______ (insert date), which is no
earlier than three (3)
workdays from the date of this letter to provide a response, and that I must
include in my
response any comments or documents I wish to be considered concerning this
MADE A. MISTAKE, Amn, USAF
2nd IND, 4 XXX/CC
(LT COL PATIENCE)
Member (did) (did not) provide written matters in response to this letter. On
reviewing all of
the evidence I have determined that the member (engaged) (did not engage) in the
above and that, as a consequence:
______ This letter is
appropriate course of action in this case.
______ Will have this letter filed in the members appropriate file(s)
LOTS O. PATIENCE, Lt
Reminder: Signature lines are 5 spaces below the last line of text.
Comments: All text in blue will need
to be modified.