Request for BAS Approval for Honor Guard Dorm Residents
Key Points to Writing
- f you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your Airmen & unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
## MON YEAR
MEMORANDUM FOR #### SPTG/CC
SUBJECT: Request for BAS Approval for Honor Guard Dorm Residents
- We have evaluated the criteria for BAS and determined that (YOUR NAME AND RANK) of the BASENAME AFB Honor Guard, who currently resides in the dormitory, meets the regulatory requirements for the authorization. Honor Guard personnel are adversely affected by their specialized duty and their distance from the dining facility and are eligible to receive BAS.
- According to DFAS-SEM 177-373 Vol.II, paragraph 6-8b; “commander’s may grant authorization to mess separately for enlisted members not covered in paragraph 6-8a. This authorization will be based on at least two factors such as: location of member’s residence, specialized duty, working hours, dining facility capacity, or distance from the dining facility.” It also states, “Additional factors deemed appropriate by commanders may also be considered.”
- . Specialized Duties: The BASENEAME AFB Honor Guard is assigned specialized duties on a day-to-day basis. Their responsibilities often require them to perform duties during the Georgia Pines hours of operation. As a result of these duties, Honor Guard personnel frequently miss meals.
- Distance to the Dining Facility: The BASENEAME AFB Honor Guard is required to perform the congressionally mandated duties and functions within a 250-mile radius. The preparation time for each detail, along with the distance, results in hours away from an appropriated funded dining facility.
- Please refer any questions to HONOR GUARD OIC, ### SQU, at ext XXXX.
(CC's SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the Signature Block is 5 spaces below the last line of text.