Above and beyond the call of duty - Publication of Booklet
Key Points to Writing
- f you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your Airmen & unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
## MON YEAR
MEMORANDUM FOR ### TT/CC
FROM: Major FNAME LNAME
SUBJECT: Above and beyond the call of duty
1. It has been brought to my attention that SSgt FNAME LNAME and SSgt FNAME
LNAME have gone that extra mile for us, again. The amount of time and effort
expanded by them was exceptional.
2. SRA FNAME LNAME has been working with the Document Shop for over 4 months
trying to get his ISPF Utilities booklet published with little success. The
first problem we ran into was that the Document Shop was unable to separate a
drawing in CorelDraw. SSgt FNAME LNAME dismantled the drawing in less than 2
hours. Second problem – Using PageMaker, the Document Shop was unable to ad
blank pages between Chapters. SSgt FNAME LNAME looked at it and said he’d have
it done in one week. At no time did either one say “it’s not my job”, but
instead their response was “HOW CAN I HELP?”
3. Due to their direct involvement, technical expertise, and willingness to help
we have been successful in the publication of the ISPF Utilities booklet for the
entire Information Services Department (ISD).
4. Please pass along my sincere gratitude to SSgt FNAME LNAME and SSgt FNAME
LNAME. They are truly an asset to our Unit.
Reminder, the Signature Block is 5 spaces below the last line of text.