Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your "Airmen" and unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR ## MSSQ/DPMAR
SUBJECT: Curtailment Request
1. Request a 30 Day curtailment for SSgt xxxxxxxxxxxx, FR123-45-6789. On 9 August 1996, the American Red Cross notified SSgt XXXXX about an emergency situation back in the United States. It is imperative he return to the United States to help resolve this issue. SSgt XXXXXX is within 30 days of his original DEROS.
2. My POC is MSgt Smith, 6-4321..
(COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.