Command Sponsorship Tour Request
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your "Airmen" and unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR ## MSS/DPMAR
FROM: SSgt <FNAME> <MI>. <LNAME>
SUBJECT: Command Sponsorship Tour Request
1. Request command sponsorship to 303rd Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic
of Korea for my wife, <FNAME>, and step daughter, <FNAME>. I’ve been selected
for a special duty assignment as a Dormitory Manager. The assignment is for 1
year with a report not later than date (RNLTD) of ## <MON> <YEAR>. I would like
to volunteer for a two year accompanied tour so that I will be able to bring my
wife and step daughter.
2. My wife, <FNAME>, is a Korean national who moved to the United States on ##
<MONTH> <YEAR>. <FNAME> is still very dependent on me since she is unable to
drive here and has trouble understanding English. Her 10 year old daughter is
currently living in Korea with my mother-in-law because she doesn’t have a visa
yet. It would be very difficult for my wife to live in the US for 1 year without
3. Please contact via e-mail <OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESS> or by phone DSN XXX-XXXX
with any questions.
(REQUESTER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
1st Ind, <RANK> <FNAME> <MI>. <LNAME>
Approve / Disapprove
(COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.
Reference the following letters in conjunction with this one:
Arrival Dates for Foreign National Spouse
Commander's Assessment of Spouse for
Accompanied Assignment Request
Designated Location Move (DLM)