Request for Waiver, Basic Officer Training - Age Waiver
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your "Airmen" and unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR HQ AFRS/RSOCL
FROM: SSGT XXX A. XXXX
SUBJECT: Request for Waiver, Basic Officer Training - Age Waiver (or applicable
1. In accordance with AFI 36-2013, Table 1.RXX, I respectively request a xxxx
waiver for application to Basic Officer Training Course (BOT).
2. My identifying information is:
RANK/NAME: SSgt XXX A. XXXXX.
DATE ASSIGNED STATION: November 2000
ASSIGNMENT ACTION NUMBER: N/A
DATE OF BIRTH: XX SEPT XXXX
SCHOOL YOU PLAN TO ATTEND: Officer Training School
3. Request the waiver be approved based on the following:
Due to the recent 33 years old age requirement change, I am
requesting an age waiver. I am now 33 years old and will be 34 in September
2007. I will still meet the requirements by the board date for which I am
applying. I will not turn 35 until September 2008, which will allow me to
apply, and if selected, be able to attend a BOT class and be commissioned
prior to my 35th birthday.
4. If you have any further questions, my duty phone is DSN XXX-XXXX, or e-mail
address is : XXX.XXXX@XX.XX.
XXX A.XXXX, SSGT, USAF
1st Ind, 111th Working Sq/CC
MEMORANDUM FOR HQ USAFRS/RSOCL
(COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.