Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing
can hurt you, your "Airmen" and unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
FROM: XX XXX/CC
SUBJECT: Retraining Application for SrA John Snuffy
1. This letter is to confirm that SrA John Snuffy, 123-45-6789 has never been
convicted by a general, special, or summary court martial; never received non
judicial punishment under the UCMJ which resulted in either reduction or
suspended reduction in grade, or correctional custody for offenses involving
substantiated drug abuse as defined in AFI 36-2701 acts of larceny, wrongful
appropriation, robbery, burglary, housebreaking, or misconduct in combat defined
in UCMJ Article 99 106; never been convicted by a civilian court for a major
serious offense, or serious traffic offense, nor exceed the maximum amount of
minor traffic/non-traffic offenses".
2. If any further information is required please contact my unit First Sergeant,
MSgt XXX XXXX at DSN XXX-XXXX.
<Commander's Signature BLOCK>, USAF
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.