Promotion Recommendation/Retroactive DOR Request
Key Points to Writing
- f you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your Airmen & unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Promotion Recommendation/Retroactive DOR Request Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
## MON YEAR
MEMORANDUM FOR ## FSS/FSMPD
SUBJECT: Promotion Recommendation/Retroactive DOR Request – <RANK> <LNAME>,
1. RANK <LNAME>, <FNAME>, FR123-45-6789, is recommended for promotion to the
rank of PROJECTED RANK (IF NCO, INCLUDE LINE NUMBER). I recommend the member’s
effective date of rank be adjusted to <# MON YR>.
2. I have reviewed his/her performance and Unfavorable Information File. Member
is eligible and recommended for promotion. If additional information is
required, contact my staff at DUTY PHONE.
<FNAME> <MI> <LNAME>
Reminder, the Signature Block is 5 spaces below the last line of text and
attachments are 2 lines below the signature block