Demotion Due to Weight Management Program
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class.
English Comp will do.
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, not knowing what you are doing can hurt you, your "Airmen" and unit.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. (F7 Word)
- Remember, there is a purpose for writing a letter or MFR.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
SUBJECT: Notification of Demotion Action Under AFI 36-2503
1. You are hereby advised that under AFI 36-2503, paragraph 3.4.1, I intend to
recommend to the Commander, 436th ________ Group, Dover AFB, Delaware, the
demotion authority, that you be demoted to the grade of ____________.
2. The specific reason for this demotion is: Failure to make satisfactory
progress in the Air Force Weight Management Program, exhibited by four
unsatisfactory weight checks.
DATE INCIDENT ACTION ATCH
29 Nov 94 1st Failure WMP Letter of Counseling, dated 6 Dec 94 1
31 May 95 2nd Failure WMP Letter of Reprimand, dated 5 Jun 95 2
28 Aug 95 3rd Failure WMP LOR, UIF, Control Roster, dated 30 Aug 95 4
20 Mar 96 4th Failure WMP LOR, dated 22 Mar 96 5
3. You will immediately acknowledge receipt by indorsement to this letter and
within three workdays, indicate whether you concur or non-concur with the
a. If you concur with the proposed demotion, you will be notified in writing of
the demotion authority’s decision.
b. If you non-concur with the proposed demotion, you may present matters in your
behalf in writing, orally, or both. You must submit a written request for a
personal hearing within three workdays of acknowledging receipt of this letter.
You may submit for approval a written request for an extension to this
requirement. If you elect to present matters orally, a personal hearing with me
will be scheduled. You may seek legal counseling preparing your oral or written
presentation and counsel may be present during the personal hearing.
_____________, Area Defense Counsel, is available for assistance. Civilian
counsel may be obtained at your own expense.
4. You must understand fully that another failed weight check will result in
your discharge from the service under AFI 36-3208.
1.LOC, 6 Dec 94
2.LOR, 5 Jun 95
3.MFR, 12 Jun 95
4.LOR, CR, UIF, 30 Aug 95
5.LOR, 22 Mar 96
6.AF Form 393
7.AF Form 108s (5)
1st Ind, LGEAF
MEMORANDUM FOR <###> EMS/CC
1. I hereby acknowledge receipt of the proposed demotion action on
2. I understand my options as outlined above and that I must concur or nonconcur
with the proposed demotion action within three workdays of the date of this
memorandum. Additionally, I understand that I have the option to present matters
on my behalf in writing, orally, or both and that any written submission or
request for a personal hearing must be received by this office, within three
workdays of the date I acknowledged receipt of notification, unless an extension
a. I (concur) (nonconcur) with the proposed demotion action.
b. I (will) (will not) submit written matters in my behalf.
c. I (request) (waive) a personal hearing before the initiating commander.
d. I (have) (have not) consulted counsel.
JOHN DOE, A1C, USAF
2d Ind to <###> EMS/CC, Notification of Demotion Action Under AFI 36-2503
MEMORANDUM FOR <###> MSS/DMPEP
1. Recommend____________________, FR_______________, be demoted to the grade of
2. ____________________________(concurs) (nonconcurs) with this proposed
demotion and (has) (has not) presented matters on his behalf.
1 - 7, nc
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.