Deviation Of Rater's Rater On TSGT And Below EPR's
121952Z DEC 06
1. This total force policy message is effective immediately.
2. AFI 36-2406, Officer And Enlisted Evaluations Systems, requires a rater's
rater to endorse performance reports as the second evaluator and does not allow
rating chain deviations. Effective immediately, rating chain deviation for the
rater's rater is allowed on TSGT and below EPRS when the rater s rater is
deployed and unavailable to endorse the EPR. In this case, the next available
rater in the rating chain will sign as the second evaluator.
3. This change reduces administrative processing time of EPRS and allows the
deployed rater s rater to concentrate on the AOR mission vice home station
administrative issues. The review process does not change and the required first
sergeant and commander s review ensures the validity and the accuracy of EPRS.
Additionally, TSGT and below EPRS are endorsed by only two evaluators and there
are no issues with endorsement levels.
4. This change is not applicable for SNCO EPRS. Since additional evaluators are
allowed on SNCO EPR's, a rating chain deviation of the rater s rater can impact
the established rating endorsement chain.
5. Questions should be directed to HQ AFPC/DPPPEP.