Request for Official Passport
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your subordinates is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real
fast in MS Word.
- Remember, Writing doesn't have to win...to reward.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Place on Official letterhead
?? July 2006
MEMORANDUM FOR DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Passport Services, Special Issuance Agency
Official Travel Branch
FROM: <BASE / OFFICE SYMBOL>
SUBJECT: Request for Official Passport
1. Request passport application for an official passport be expedited on the
Individual’s Full Name
2. <RANK> <FNAME> <MNAME> <LNAME> is the Foreign Affairs Planning Specialist for
the Office of the Political Advisor, <some> Command. Her duties include
traveling to foreign countries with the Commander and Foreign Affairs Advisor.
Currently, several trips are being coordinated for visits to foreign countries
in the near future. This travel may included, but not limited to, Germany,
Russia, India, and China. <RANK> <LNAME> will be the planner and coordinator for
these trips and her presence is required to facilitate its execution, provide
guidance, and handle any issues as they occur.
3. The reason I am requesting an official passport be issued to her now is to
alleviate the problems we have had in past with trying to get travelers their
passports within a short period of time especially when a visa is required at
the same time. This caused problems between our office and the Passport Issuing
Authority recently and almost caused a general officer not being able to travel.
The upcoming visits are too important to this Command and <RANK> <LNAME> will
need to have all required travel documents so she can depart on short notice.
4. The official passport cannot be postponed to a later date because the first
travel requirement could be as early as June 2006. Processing the application
now will meet the State Department's timelines and we will not have to pay for
5. Your prompt approval of this request would be greatly appreciated. Direct any
questions concerning this request to <RANK> <FNAME> <LNAME> at <COMMERCIAL
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.