Expedite Passport Application and Official Passport
Key Points to Writing
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your subordinates is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real
fast in MS Word.
- Remember, Writing doesn't have to win...to reward.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.)
?? July 2006
MEMORANDUM FOR DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Passport Services, Special Issuance Agency
Official Travel Branch
FROM: <BASE / OFFICE SYMBOL>
SUBJECT: Request Expedite Passport Application and Official Passport
1. Request passport application for an official passport be expedited on the
Individual’s Full Name
2. <RANK> <FNAME> <MNAME> <LNAME> is the Communication Officer for <RANK> <LNAME>(Commander,
<COCOM>). Currently, several trips are being coordinated for visits to foreign
countries in the near future. This travel may include, but not limited to,
Russia, Germany, India, China, Australia, Japan and South Korea. <RANK> <LNAME>will
be traveling with <RANK> <LNAME>and his presence is required to facilitate its
execution and handle any communication issues as they occur.
3. The reason I am requesting an official passport be issued to him now is to
alleviate the problems we have had in past with trying to get travelers their
passports within a short period of time especially when a visa is required at
the same time. This caused problems between our office and the Passport Issuing
Authority recently and almost caused a general officer not being able to travel.
The upcoming visits are too important to this Command and <RANK><LNAME>will need
to have all required travel documents so he can depart on short notice.
4. The official passport cannot be postponed to a later date because the first
travel requirement could be as early as <MONTH> 2006. Processing the application
now will meet the State Department's timelines and we will not have to pay for
5. Your prompt approval of this request would be greatly appreciated. Direct any
questions concerning this request to <POC> at <COMMERCIAL NUMBER>.
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.