Military Volunteer (Volunteer of the Year)
Award Cat: NCO
Key Points to Writing
- If you haven't already, take
a writing class
- WRITE!!! The more
you do it, the better you get.
- Don't be afraid to ask for HELP.
- The only person looking out for either you or your subordinate is
- Use a spell checker (F7 in Office)
- Remember, writing doesn't have to win to REWARD!
- Use various writing resources like
The following Military Volunteer (Special Awards/Recognition Program) example has been taken out of an IMT document.
I did not change mission information, only names to protect myself and the
people I have received the information from. If you have anything you
would like to
submit, please do so.
you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these
letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please
treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We
will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for
hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also
prompts me to work harder on the site.) As for this particular award , it appears to be a
USAFE award. I am still looking for a reference concerning it.
- Direct personal involvement instrumental in receiving food/clothing
donations for Hurricane Katrina disaster!
- Played a leading and aggressive role in establishing continuous care packages
to forward deployed members
- Gold-hearted! Donated items to the RAF Croughton British American Committee
toys for poor children drive
- Rendered outstanding support and service to the RAF Croughton chapel--received
a LOA from base Chaplin!
- Rapidly established dynamic and motivating leader image by coordinating
donations for the Tsunami victims
-- Dedication and professionalism earned complete respect and admiration from
deployed location commander
- Humanitarian--volunteered 15 hours to the High Wycombe animal shelter--cared
for over 20 abandon animals
- Superior Leader! Gave over 350 hours of personal time to coach the London
Central High School football team
-- Team reached semifinal appearance--produced six all-conference players--best
school showing in six years!
- Superb Mentor--donated 20 hours off-duty time to mentor high school students
and help them during study halls
-- Efforts ensured students traveling/missing during school time were kept
updated on current study materials
- Innovative; initiated Punt, Pass, and Kick Fundraiser; raised over $1,150 for
LCHS football team uniform items
- Dynamic--created highlight film of 2005 LCHS football team--presented to
parents at the fall awards ceremony
- Absolutely dedicated to improving team building by providing
6 Friday night
meals for the LCHS football team
- United communities during the RAF Croughton pie social--over 60 local
nationals attended for church services
-- Put best foot forward and stayed after hours to help clean and deliver pies
to 3 different 24hr work stations
- Volunteered 2.5 hours supervising and cleaning up for the RAF Croughton Youth
Halloween Harvest Party
-- Developed and sustained games for children--provided a safe place for
children--Halloween night success!
- Organized a paintball function for unit members, airline reps, and two local
bases--increased friendship bonds!
- Fitness and team leadership conscious--enthusiastically plays a vital role in
the RAF Croughton soccer team
- Completed MCA office self-help project--improved working environment/image &
saved $3K contract costs
- Resurrected Airline of the Quarter Plaque program in recognition of
outstanding service to U.S. military mail
-- Provides airlines a tangible incentive for performing laborious duties while
providing A+ customer service!
- Stepped forward to personally transport DV's during
4 visits from unit, group,
& wing CCs to UK dignitaries!
- Spent five hours of off duty time configuring and reloading MCA computers--now
in compliance with USAFE!
- Resourceful! Key player in obtaining USAFE library GSU support
materials--morale boosted with new DVDs!
- Security minded--collaborated with Watlington district community leaders on
neighborhood watch programs
-- Programs have made contributions of considerable and lasting value--120
active residents & 55% less crime
- Stimulates harmony and high spirits--personally invited by base Chaplin to
help decorate base Christmas tree
-- Passed out Christmas carol sheets--served hot chocolate to community members
attending lighting ceremony
- Totally reliable! Assisted wing staff members of Al-Dhafra Air Base planning
for the annual combat dining-in
-- Provided manual labor in set-up and clean-up of the event--Exceeded all
expectations and received CC coin
- Helped elderly woman by changing her flat tire--efforts saved over $150 in
recovery companies call out fee's
- Impact witness in road rage court case--testimony ensured a guilty verdict and
made the UK roads safer for all
- Presented the LCHS football team over $250 of safety equipment for students
unable to purchase personal gear
- Intense competitor within the Croughton intramural basketball league--valued
member of the Daws Hill team
- Heartfelt leadership! Invited three Croughton Airmen for T-Day & Xmas day
meals--rekindled holiday spirits!
- Showed a positive, cooperative spirit during the Harrow hospital blood
drive--alms potentially saved lives!
- Prompt in response and cheerful in nature during two call-outs while acting as
the unit AADD representative
-- Forward thinking extended the AADD program to GSU assuring
0 DUI record
- Generous contributor to the 2005 Combined Federal Campaign--donation assured
the smashing of USAFE goal
- Strong, positive drive toward helping others in need! Habitual supporter the
Father Ray Foundation in Thailand
-- Gifts ensured children had access to food, shelter, medical care, education,
& safety from sexual predators
- Radiates energy and extreme enthusiasm while supporting activities at the RAF
Croughton community chapel
-- Supports the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults classes and youth
religious education--usher/greeter duties
This is a really good package, and the first I have seen of one.
There was only a couple of minor
Numbering Issues, numbers under
10 are spelled out unless they deal with time or follow numbers larger than 10
in the same bullet. Another thing to note concerning this annual package
is that if you write a any other awards packages (like
the 4th Quarter package) makes it a little easier to write the annual
package, but you need to make sure that the minor problems in the feeder
packages are corrected. (the numbering issues identified were also in the